I am posting 2 days in a row and it is because Brooke White just made my list of most memorable American Idol performances :) Yes, I like her because she has never seen an R rated movie, but she also is a smooth alto (woo hoo) and just so sweet, especially tonight. I was tearing up right along with her. As for the rest of my list...
- Taylor Hicks- PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC!!! I was OFF THE COUCH dancing!!!!!
- Melinda Dolittle- W, O, M, A, N- When we got high speed internet and my sister introduced me
to You Tube, this music video was my first request. Talk about empowering :) And her skills
were consistently unbelievable.
- Blake Lewis- You Give Love A Bad Name- very creative- and yes, I do have a
PERSONALIZED (to Julia), autographed 8x10 of Blake, thanks to Vall
- Katherine McPhee- Somewhere Over the Rainbow- A favorite of my Dad's, it reminded me of
when he used to sing it to us. Too bad Kat went a little scary.
- Chris Daughtry- Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? - very sincerely sung to his wife
- Carrie Underwood- Although I think she is a DOLL, she never really captivated me during the show, but I was smiling when she did "I'll Stand By You" in Africa.
Which brings me to reasons I can't deny I am a fan of this show. "Idol Gives Back" is one of them. Obviously it raised tremendous amounts of money for charity. Other than that I think I just like to watch and wish that I had powerhouse soloist vocals. I like that a regular Joe (like Elliot) can make it big. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that I knew all the lyrics to Paula's songs in her day, and we still work out together (right Amber W?!) although that is true. It is a good conversation topic because it is so widely viewed. And it has been a tool to help my mind relax over the past few years. Nothing but fun. Sometimes I try to do things like vacuum, bathe the kids, etc. on the commercials so I don't feel so much like I'm watching Alisa's spelling: "American Idle," especially on the 2 hour nights. But other nights I put my feet up (Doctor's orders) and let myself be entertained. I like when it is down to 6 or less and it is just one night a week for an hour. I don't usually watch results except like the very last one. So now I must go vote for the first time this year. I don't want to see Brookie go. And I do of course have to support cute David A. Go Utah!
P.S. How do I make the lines single space on my other post???