Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Top 2 Spring/Summer Shots of '07

These are photos that I've thought, "I ought to do something really creative with these"- nice framing or special scrapbooking or something. So for now, the answer is.. share them on my blog!

The first is us 2 lovebirds in Puerto Vallarta enjoying the sunset. We had just purchased our hats. Besides the romantic feeling I get when I look at this picture, there is another memory which makes me smile as well. Moments after the hat bartering was complete, a street salesman gave us the most creative pitch we heard all week..." He, ju wan som Mexican jonk? Mexican jonk, olmos free!" Many smiles were had that evening. John calls this picture "June roses" (refer to quote by James Barrie, the Scottish poet) Memorias dulces por seguro.



This next shot needs no commentary other than that it fully demonstrates the truthfulness of the theme park's motto.."WHAT FUN IS!"

5 comments:

Howling Pickup said...

Hi Jules! It has been so fun to read your blog. I love your poems and these pictures are keepsakes for sure!

Andrea B. said...

I like the pictures. It's fun to see your mom. It makes me remember all the time I spent with your family.

Leah said...

I love yor blog Julia! Is it alright if I add as a link on mine? If not let me know and I'll take it off!

Cara said...

Now Julia....I'm feeling very sad that you didn't let me know you had taken the blog plunge. I've found you now and have loved what you've posted so far. Keep up the great work! Oh, and I'm totally just kidding =). (Just for those who don't know me)

Debbie Hadley said...

Hi Julia! I didn't know you had a blog. I came across it on Cara's page. I hope it's ok if I added your link to my page. What a fun picture of you and John. Those moments are priceless. I also love the poetry! Thanks for sharing.